Friday, October 14, 2011

Are You Proud of Your Country?

Author's Note: America has been through a lot, but are you proud of what we've done over the past years? Is it worth going over seas and fighting? This is what I think about this, this is something that I truly believe in.
The American flag stands up high up in the air; it is sways in the breeze, uniting us as one, a country.  Red, White and Blue; are three perfect words to describe the USA. Red symbolizes hardiness and valor, white for innocence and purity, and blue which stands for vigilance, perseverance, and justice. This doesn’t just represent us as one, but as an individual.  I am proud of my country, from what we’ve been through and what we have done, it’s astonishing.
From the beginning in the Revolutionary War, to the Civil War, World Wars I & II, also including the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, our country has suffered and sacrificed everything we have. Our forefathers have given everything they had and now it’s our turn. People from all over the country give up what they have and help us. Do they have to do it? No, but they choose too. So now we have to do everything we can. Throughout these years, we’ve lost so many brave soldiers. All these innocent citizens have helped us come this far, I can’t be more proud!
Our country has independence, freedom, and anything you can imagine. I am proud that we have so much, like our education, the money we have, and the homes we live in! There are so many people out there who starve and suffer; we should thank not only God, but the people who made this happen. These veterans have gone through so much, how can I not be proud… We should be thankful for what we have, not only for what we have but where we live.
The United States of America, as that star spangled banner waves in the breeze, we show courage, bravery, and liberty. America is not just a country, it’s our home. I am proud of us, not as an individual but as one. So let god bless us and this country. For what we have, what we’ve done, and what we see around us.  America; the home of the brave and the free.  

3 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness. You were officially born to be a writer. That is UH-MAZE-ING!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job Kavitha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, but it's not that great...Just stuff that came to my mind. It's really bad! I don't like it....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your narrative introduction, and youhad amazing voice and word choice. You brought up VERY good points to defend your opinion, and ended it on a really high note. The only thing I would say is your last sentence in your 3rd paragraph--your kind of repeating the same thing. Otherwise, this is awesome! Seriously...have you considered a career in writing?

    ReplyDelete