Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A Letter to a Veteran

Dear World War II Veteran,
       You’ve been through so much, sacrificing your life, and going all the way across the globe to fight for what you believe in. When I see the colors on our flag I think of you. The red for hardiness and valor; blue for vigilance, perseverance, justice; and white for purity and innocence. When I think of you, it makes me feel so proud to live in a free country and you made that happen. I have the rights to what I want whenever I want, all thanks to you. So I just wanted to thank you for everything. You not only fought for me or yourself, but for us. Thank you so much! I will never forget you and you’ll always be in my heart.

Sincerely,
Kavitha Babu

3 comments:

  1. I really like how you compared a veteran to the American Flag-- I think any veteran who read this would feel amazing, like they are. Plus, it sounded like a real thank you- not one of those fake ones. Nice Job:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so heartfelt Kavitha<3 I am sure that the veteran who received it had a melting heart:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! This is actually something that I liked(surprisingly) not to brag or anything...

    ReplyDelete