Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Real Story of Mr. Mason


Author's Note: In Language Arts, my teacher read the story from 3:15, Mr. Mason's Jars. We were then told to write an ending for the story. In this piece, I have shown my knowledge of the reading skill "Predicting". I hope that it keeps you on the edge of your seat, and makes you think! 

“Take a peek into the jar Troy.” said Mr. Mason.

I didn’t understand, all of the kids in school said that he was a creepy and weird teacher. To me, he was actually being nice. What teacher would let a student see some of his secret jars?! From that moment on, I knew that Mr. Mason was surely my favorite teacher.

“Go ahead Troy, look inside!” Mr. Mason repeated again.

I was scared, but then again excited to see what would come jumping out of jar. I opened the lid ever so slightly, but I saw nothing. Just some old gump that was sitting in there. It smelled horrible, what on earth was that. Before I could ask him, my heart stopped, my brain didn’t function, and I everything went blank. I didn’t know what was happening to me.

“There he goes, poor little Troy.” Mr. Mason said in an English accent.

“The boy shall never know my true secret within the jars. Not one human soul shall know except me! I can become the ruler of the world, with science!” Mr. Mason said, with an evil tone in his voice.

His jars were then hidden in schools around the country, but where? Nobody knew for sure.

As Mr. Mason said those words, the students and teachers were surrounding his door and windows. Nobody knew what happened to Troy, not even Maggie. As soon as the staff saw Mr. Mason, the only thing they could do was call the cops. It took a few minutes for the police to get to the school, but as they did, Mr. Mason was history. He was then sent to jail and he never came back.

Who he was and why he had taken the souls of children are still unknown the people around the area. Mr. Mason was never heard of again, except for those who kept on retelling his story. Was this real or is just a rumor that has been going around for years. We may never know, but beware Mr. Mason’s jars could be hidden in your very own school...

No comments:

Post a Comment