Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Waters of My End

Author's Note: In this piece I have shown my knowledge of using figurative language in a creative piece. I have used similes and metaphors. So tell me what you think! 

I looked out beyond the vast horizons of the ocean, memories from the past flashed into my mind. I didn't know whether my decision was right or wrong, my mind was made up; there was no turning back now. For my years have passed and I am no longer a child, I must move on with my life. There is no one here for me anymore. It only takes one step for me to join those I love. I looked down.The water sparkled like the rays of the sun and the wind whistled through the air. Death called my name. I could hear voices telling me to join them. My head spun around, not coming to a stop. Although the thought of never coming back shook me a little, there was nothing else I could do. My decision was made. I had to jump. Tears ran down my rosy cheeks like a waterfall, never ending. My heart and mind were devoured by fear, guilt, and sorrow, yet happiness shined over all of these emotions. I forgot about everything that had happened to me over these past years. I cleared my mind and took a giant leap down into the waters of my end. After falling into the ocean, I struggled to stay above the surface of the water. I was a fish that could not swim. Before I knew it, I drowned to the bottom of the water. For my stress, sorrow, and happiness were over, everything was gone forever. And so was I. 

No comments:

Post a Comment