Monday, May 6, 2013

The Bead That Saved the Earth

Author's Note: I wrote this piece with Callie. We switched off every sentence. Both of us had a fun time writing this! It is meant to be read for joy and I didn't work on anything in this piece. Beware. This may be a little too much mental nonsense for the human brain.

"AHHHHHHHHHHH!” I shouted. I couldn’t believe that it had come down to this. The meteor was racing down past the atmosphere. I could feel the heat radiating off of the giant rock that was going to end my life. If I wanted to survive, there was only one thing I could do: run. It’s not like I was the only person in the city who had thought of this; everybody was pushing and shoving, trying to reach anywhere else, but it was too late. The meteor was coming down at my beautiful face as fast as light; it was all going to end in a matter of seconds.


The strange thing about this particular attack from space, was that it seemed to target the entire city. I never understood why I chose the decision I made, but I decided that it was up to me to save the city from destruction. In the possible last seconds of my life, I pulled the small round bead from my back pocket. I threw it on the ground knowing it was no use. Then I pulled out the square bead, knowing it was my last chance of survival. Man, did I have a lot of beads in my pocket. Luckily the square bead was the right one to save the city. As the meteor was scraping the earth’s mantle heading right towards me, I put the bead in front of my feet. Then at the last second I leaped as high as I could until gravity pulled my feet down on top of the square bead.I put my hands out, as if I were superman, and tried to stop the meteor.


I had been expecting immediate death, but when the meteor hit my hands, it was if a giant beach ball had fallen from the sky. I used ray guns, which happened to be in my back pocket,  to burst the meteor into thousands of tiny little rocks; and that kids is how rocks were formed.

Of course I couldn’t leave all the rocks in my city, so gathering the “rocks do exist” club nerds from my school, I spread them throughout the planet. History was made in about 7.34 seconds. YOU ARE WELCOME SCIENTISTS OF THE FUTURE!!! My name is Helga Bitterdot, and I approve this message.

No comments:

Post a Comment